Stefanos Zenios explains how design thinking and the lean startup methodology can help entrepreneurs quickly take their big idea from a rough sketch on the back of a napkin to a real world product.
In this « mini lesson », he provides tips on how to get customer feedback, create effective prototypes, and facilitate more productive brainstorming sessions. Zenios is director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he teaches the popular Startup Garage course and serves as Charles A. Holloway professor of Operations, Information and Technology.
- Why is brainstorming a good way to generate new ideas? 0:05
- How do you facilitate brainstorming among different personality types? 1:00
- What’s the best way to find out what your customer needs? 1:41
- Why are immersion and empathy critical to the design thinking process? 2:52
- What are the benefits of building a prototype? 3:31
- How do you prototype a business model? 4:28
- Does design thinking generate better ideas? 7:04
- Can anybody be creative? 7:34